Beverley Road, North Newbald, East Yorkshire YO43 4SQ
"Big enough to inspire, Small enough to care"
Please click on the link below to view Newbald School's offer letter and the Newbald SEN information report
Local authorities have a statutory duty to develop and publish a Local Offer, setting out in one place information about the support they expect to be available in their area across education, health and social care for children and young people in their area who have SEN or are disabled, including those who do not have EHC plans.
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
• To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it, and
• To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEN and their parents, and disabled young people and those with SEN, and service providers in its development and review
Local authorities and their partner bodies and agencies, including schools, must co-operate with each other in the development and review of the Local Offer. This is essential so that the Local Offer provides a comprehensive, transparent and accessible picture of the range of services available.
The Local Offer must include, amongst other information, the following:
• special educational, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities – this should include online and blended learning
• other educational provision, for example sports or arts provision, paired reading schemes
• arrangements for resolving disagreements and for mediation, and details about making complaints
• arrangements for travel to and from schools
• support to help children and young people move between phases of education (for example from early years to school, from primary to secondary
Please click on the link to view information regarding the Local Offer from the East Riding of Yorkshire Council