The Headteacher and Governing Newbald School are very pleased to welcome voluntary helpers to work in the school alongside the staff. They believe it to be of great value to the children, and to the whole school community. If you would like to help in school, please speak to your child’s teacher. If you would like to help on a regular basis (Once a week or four times in a month), please ask in the school office for a DBS check to be completed.
BE SAFE, BE HAPPY
- This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This means that we have a Child Protection Policy and procedures in place. All staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures. Parents and carers are welcome to read the policy, please follow the link above.
- We provide opportunities for young people to express their views and feelings which is supported through the school’s use of the complaints procedure, The School Council, as well as accessibility of all staff including, senior managers, and Child Line information and guidance that is readily available throughout the school.
- Newbald Primary School provides training to staff in relation to safeguarding and protection of young people that will be provided at the intervals laid out in national regulation and guidance.
- Newbald Primary School has recruitment procedures that support the safeguarding of young people, as laid out in the school’s recruitment policy and DBS Clearance procedure and national guidance.
- Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
OUR DESIGNATED CHILD PROTECTION STAFF ARE:
- Mrs Morag Sinclair – Headteacher Designated Child Protection Co-ordinator (DCPC)
- Mrs Allison Rees – Deputy Child Protection Officer (DCP)
- Mrs Jean Johnson - Governor with Child Protection responsibility
- Mr Tony Marsh - Local Authority Designated Officer
Safeguarding Advice for Visitors & Volunteers
Keeping Children Safe in Education